||Fine Gardening seeks an energetic and talented web producer to tackle the magazine’s digital needs. This individual must be ready to produce video on the fly, photograph for panoramic and 360 degree views, and create assigned thematic content to help accomplish long-term site goals. The web producer will also create slideshows, weekly newsletters, interactive web tools, online articles, and will produce all tablet editions of Fine Gardening and its ancillary titles. Advertising may also request specific forms of content to meet the needs of Fine Gardening’s advertising partners. Basic CMS, HTML, and Photoshop skills are essential. Individual will work in our Newtown, Connecticut offices.
This is a fun, challenging, and rewarding job opportunity for a tech-savvy, energetic, and (ideally) plant-loving individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with creating content (articles, videos, interactive graphics, games, tablet editions)
- Identifies opportunities for web content and features
- Chooses content for and formats compelling e-letters
- Maintains site blogs, interacts with online community, and builds relationships with contributors and outside bloggers
- Optimizes Web content for SEO
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed
- 2+ years web editorial experience
- Solid writing ability
- An understanding of online publishing and technology trends, analytics and taxonomy structures
- Proficient with desktop software and Web-based publishing tools including XML and HTML, and knowledge of video production
- Interest in and some knowledge of gardening helpful but not mandatory