Audio News 101:
- Speak conversationally and use an active voice. Unlike print, using second person (you) is okay. Use “says” instead of “said.”
- Have a solid lead to the story. Spend time on this.
- Soundbites should be short. Three to 10 seconds.
- Tracking: stand-up while speaking. Speak from your stomach and don’t get pitchy. Pretend like you’re speaking to people at a conference table.
- Use natural sound when possible. Example: Wall Street bell for a market story.
Scripting: Lincoln Tech Script
Create a 30-second news story or PSA.
Must have at least one SOT (interview). If doing a news story, your tag line should be, “Your Name, UHart News.”
The story’s audio can be original, or you can use audio from Internet Archive or another source you find. Original stories will be graded differently.
Upload to Sound Cloud and embed it on your site. Email me the post and tweet it out.