Purpose: The Digital Content Manager executes strategic vision for marketing and promotional strategies for all of Long Wharf Theatre’s e-commerce activities, with the goal of furthering institutional brand, promoting the theatre and its varied programs, supporting ticket sales, and deepening and broadening the theatre’s connection to its community. This position requires expertise in content creation (to include video), e-newsletters, and social media strategy. Key components of performing this role successfully are creating and executing strategy, developing performance metrics, and monitoring/evaluating response.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Assure all Long Wharf Theatre’s digital needs are fulfilled and in line with the brand;
- Implement marketing vision for website. Create and manage content (i.e. post video, blogs, photos, Playbill content, etc.). Maintain and upgrade the site when necessary. Plan, create content, and implement social media strategy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others;
- Design, create content, and distribute email publications to promote the theatre and its activities;
- Develop usage reporting analysis capabilities and make recommendations to increase site activity and revenue potential;
- Work with outside vendors to manage digital marketing campaigns;
- Create and edit video content (i.e. Film rehearsals, interviews and special events and edit footage together for trailers and short documentaries) and distribute through the website and on the internet;
- Assists with other marketing duties as assigned.
Work may require some evening and/or weekend work as part of professional duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Majors in related field preferred (communications, digital technology, journalism, marketing, arts, etc.);
- Minimum of three years of related experience, preferably in the arts or non-profit field or directly related corporate experience;
- Willingness and desire to be the leader of all digital projects;
- Demonstrated experience in video editing, photography, and writing.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational/calendaring skills;
- Well-disciplined, flexible and adaptable;
- Have a good sense of humor and a positive attitude;
- Ability to work effectively in a creative, innovative and intellectual environment;
- Love of theatre;
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to follow-through;
- Ability to represent Long Wharf Theatre in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Garageband, ProTools, or similar audio software, proficiency with Final Cut Pro X; familiarity with Photoshop and basic HTML;
- Proficiency with social media content, guidelines and best practices (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, etc.);
- Proficiency and experience as a photographer and videographer;