Are you a news junkie with a deep understanding of how we share news in a hyper-connected world? Do you believe that important, intelligent, and viral aren’t mutually exclusive? Do your friends say that you’re a little too addicted to Twitter?
Mic is hiring a Programming Editor to help manage the creation, packaging, and distribution of our content on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, tumblr, and others. We’re looking for a passionate leader who can write brilliant tweets, is hungry to edit, and loves deciphering the hidden intricacies and tricks of the social networks we use each day.
You will work directly with our Director of Programming to package and distribute our original writing across Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, our email newsletter and mobile app. You will be in charge of setting the voice of our site on Twitter, growing an intelligent and engaged audience, and driving readers back to our site.
- Craft the most shareable, clickable tweets in the history of mankind while preserving Mic’s unique voice
- Curate the best stories from around the web and edit content for our Twitter feed
- Utilize sophisticated analytics tools to program content targeted for social platforms
- Identify trends and deliver real-time insights to our editorial team
- Think outside the box to build a must-follow Twitter experience
- At least one year of proven social media experience
- Passion for Twitter and a voracious reader of online content from a variety of diverse sources
- Creative, independent thinker
- Experience writing and/or editing for online publications or news outlets
- Training in AP style
- Passion for changing the world and empowering our generation
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Ability to articulate big ideas and meet ambitious goals