Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, Manager, Social Media role is focused on driving the overall content strategy and plans for national brand social pages, as well as integration of both paid and everyday content. As such, this individual will be challenged with bringing the brand strategies & platforms to life through vibrant and engaging communications, with a consistent voice in order to achieve high-value brand objectives.
The Manager, Social Media will be to develop and maintain the content approach for various editorial content calendars including ‘all, Snuggle and Sun brands. Key to this role is ensuring consistency of brand voice with both paid and unpaid campaigns. Specifically, this position will own the following:
- Long term content calendar planning including strategic rationale and recommendations for opportunistic paid support.
- Drive copy and related asset deployment direction as well (e.g. image and video)
- Deliver recommendations on how best to include customer-focused social activity within the overall calendars
- Insight mining of social chatter to uncover new areas of opportunity for content development
- Track and analyze the success of our campaigns online, while staying atop industry trends and emerging technologies, including developing regular dashboard reports and identifying benchmarks for success
- Monitor industry and competitors’ use of social media for benchmarking purposes, including providing marketing organization with data-driven monthly reports
- Educate internal stakeholders, senior management, and teams on internal social marketing channel value, best practices, and ongoing evolution implications
- Act as the Social Media “evangelist” in the business, influencing the adoption of, and enthusiasm for, social media across the organization
- Extend knowledge of brand voice and content development skills for deeper content program development (video, blogging, PR, brand.com website content, etc)
- Work in conjunction with brands, Digital Infrastructure team, and agencies as needed to collaborate on social media program deployment
- Responding to consumer inquires and direct to consumer contact center as appropriate
The ideal candidate first and foremost is someone with passion for social media and who believes in its value in helping build brands & consumer loyalty. To that end, he/she is an expert in the current state of social media utilization, especially by consumer packaged goods companies. They are someone who is knowledgeable about social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- 4+ years of relevant communications/social media experience with demonstrable success executing in a cross-functional, metrics-driven environment – CPG experience preferred
- Familiarity with major social network formats including FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and tumblr, with eye on emerging/new media
- Working knowledge of automated posting tools and analytics dashboards for major social networks
- Working knowledge of paid media practices for social platforms
- Consumer marketing and/or packaged goods experience preferred
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, driven, self-starter with ability to work autonomously.
- Builds productive relationships with internal and external business partners by working collaboratively, demonstrating openness to and respect for others’ opinions and points of view.
- Ability to manage uncertainty while remaining focused on key objectives.
- Ability to use facts and logic to strategic influence stakeholders
The Sun Products Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of fabric care and household products with annual net sales of approximately $2 billion. Headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut, Sun Products was formed in September 2008 from the combination of Unilever’s North American fabric care business and Huish Detergents, Inc, a leading manufacturer of private label laundry and dish products. The Company’s portfolio of products are sold under well-known brands that include all®, Snuggle®, Sun®, Wisk®, Surf®, and Sunlight®. In addition, Sun Products is the leading manufacturer of retailer brand laundry and dish products in North America.
The Company employs 2,500 associates and maintains offices and Research & Development facilities in Fairfield County, Connecticut; Salt Lake City, Utah and Toronto, Canada. The Company also operates manufacturing facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah; Bowling Green, Kentucky; Dyersburg, Tennessee and Houston, Texas. For more information visit: www.sunproductscorp.com