Create a multimedia story and post it to your site (one post)
Write a 750-word journalistic or PR story. It can profile a person, organization/business, event, or a combination.
- be written in the third person and using AP style.
- include at least two hyperlinks which open in new tabs
- have at least one original photo shot by you.
- have at least two digital media components. Examples: infographic, video story, audio story, slide show
- be aesthetically pleasing (no excess white space, text wrap around pictures, media placement is strategic, etc.).
- not have obvious errors (spelling, basic AP, mistakes pointed out from previous assignments).
Assignments will be graded stricter. It must be better than before.
Due: December 21, before 5:00 p.m.
Critiques must be completed and emailed to me by 11:59, p.m. on Dec. 21. This will be calculated in your grade.
All final assignments will be posted to the blog by 5:00 p.m. on Dec. 21.
When do we want to use video?
New Haven Independent
- Once the subject is in frame, press on the screen and hold it to lock in the white balance, exposure, and focus — AE/AF Lock. Pressing on the middle of the screen is usually good, but experiment around on the screen if it looks blue/tan, bright/dark, or out of focus.
- Make your body a tripod. Find any way you can to keep your camera from shaking during the shot. Shoot by keeping the camera close to the body or lean against a wall (even if you look funny doing it).
- Shoot in Airplane Mode so you don’t get interrupted.
- Grid Lines: Settings > Photos & Camera > Grid
Assignment 9: Video News
You will create a 60-second video news story.
Interview and interesting person and edit the interview into a concise package.
- have at least one cut using a Crossfade transition.
- have a Banner title telling the viewer who the person is (a lower-third).
- be cleanly edited.
- include a hyperlink in the video.
- be uploaded to YouTube and embedded in a post on your blog.
Due: December 14