When do we want to use video?
- SHOOT IN LANDSCAPE
- Once the subject is in frame, press on the screen and hold it to lock in the white balance, exposure, and focus — AE/AF Lock. Pressing on the middle of the screen is usually good, but experiment around on the screen if it looks blue/tan, bright/dark, or out of focus.
- Make your body a tripod. Find any way you can to keep your camera from shaking during the shot. Shoot by keeping the camera close to the body or lean against a wall (even if you look funny doing it).
- Shoot in Airplane Mode so you don’t get interrupted.
- Grid Lines: Settings > Photos & Camera > Grid
Assignment 9: Video News
You will create a 60-second video news story.
Interview and interesting person and edit the interview into a concise package.
- have at least one cut using a Crossfade transition.
- have a Banner title telling the viewer who the person is (a lower-third).
- be cleanly edited.
- include a hyperlink in the video.
- be uploaded to YouTube and embedded in a post on your blog.