Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
If you have a passion for sports and social media, working for the social integration unit will put you at the cutting edge of the field. Responsibilities will include posting content to various social media accounts (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and working with social media supervisors and TV producers to create social content for on-air executions. Work directly with Original Programming and Production shows such as SportsCenter, SportsNation, Numbers Never Lie, and First Take.
- Crafts tweets and Facebook posts to support news responsibilities and social TV integrations.
- Creates Photoshop images for posting on various social media platforms.
- Work with Producers and Production Assistants to understand the strategies behind posting on ESPN social platforms.
- Pulls pertinent tweets and sends them to the TV News Desk to support show needs.
- Builds Twitter lists, Facebook lists, and other informational social support systems.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete analytics reports on ESPN social media endeavors.
- Researches, writes, and disseminates ideas for cross-platform content elements.
- Accountable for strict adherence to established Social Integration department procedures.
- Research new technologies and uses of social media to enhance ESPN shows
- Assist in the daily reporting of big projects and successes from day on social.
- Clipping off special show segments for daily postings on the shows respective YouTube channels.
- Work to identify which third party social platforms could be a partner for ESPN in the future.
- Help create weekly metrics reports for Twitter and Facebook.