Hearst Digital Media is seeking a creative video ninja to join the small-but-genius digital team running GoodHousekeeping.com and HouseBeautiful.com to pitch and shoot/produce fun, engaging and highly shareable videos, photos and multimedia experiences for the daily sites and its 9 million-plus social audiences. Reporting to the Site Director, this Senior Producer will work with the entire digital editorial team, freelance video producers other centralized groups to develop new visual franchises, highly shareable short-form videos, and Facebook Live streams every day for both brands.
• Pitch and produce original short-form videos, GIFs, photos and other original multimedia content daily for both site and social media extensions, either shooting and editing yourself or working with the design and other preditors
• Develop new franchises and visual editorial executions to up the ante on fresh, original and fun(!) video and photo content across both sites and their social channels
• Work solo and/or partner with internal teams, including print and digital editors, andGH Institute experts to create 5+ engaging and social-first videos a week, including beauty tips, home advice/how-to’s, fun food ideas and playful timely/newsy content
• Be main point of contact to pitch/request and edit/approve videos created by HDM’s central video teams (both sponsored videos and syndication pieces) for on site and social platforms
• Partner with the social media editors to help create new highly shareable, social-first content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Snapchat as well as any other emerging visual social platforms
• Help program key multimedia-focused offsite platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat
• Manage photo/video/design budget, with direction from site director, to maximize resources for creating new content and driving additional engagement (views, time spent, shares/likes)
• Help produce and attend relevant editorial photo and video shoots to capture additional content for multiple platforms
• Work with the sponsored content studio to ideate and execute sponsored video and other visually-oriented content to ensure content is interesting/engaging and accurate
• Identify and pursue partnerships with new talent, bloggers, print teams, sister sites and other brands to create additional video, photo and other multimedia content with the goal to increase audience reach and expand social followings
• Monitor and test out / produce new content for other emerging opportunities, including things like Periscope, Facebook Live etc.
• Attend brand-relevant events to document and capture engaging and timely content for all social platforms
• Serve as an on-air talent/spokesperson and producer for digital-first television, online video or other promotional segments for the site
• Minimum 5 years editorial experience, preferably in digital
• Creative thinker and innovator with a keen eye for engaging and playful visual storytelling
• Obsessive knowledge of what’s happening in the digital video and multimedia space and keen understanding of the competition
• Experience producing, styling and editing video and still images on mobile-based editing apps, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and/or other similar programs
• Experience shooting video and still photography with a DLSR
• Experience producing and managing a photo and/or video shoot solo and with a professional crew
• Eye for what is visually engaging, technically accurate and on-brand in the multimedia content space, especially for social- and mobile-friendly content.