Social media has greatly disrupted traditional business models in the media. Industries like journalism, public relations, advertising, entertainment, etc., have to rethink the way they do business because of social media.
- What are some of the changes?
- Why do you think that is?
Homework: Live Tweeting
Report on or promote an event using Twitter.
“A good live tweet, however, takes speed, accuracy, context, wit, a strong visual sense and a good tool kit.” – LANCE ULANOFF
Your assignment must:
- have at least five original tweets (these do not include retweets. You have to have compose the tweets). Your tweets must have valuable information. It’s not just what you are experiencing — give your followers insight. Five tweets does not guarantee an A.
- include at least one original picture in a tweet, which was taken at the event (you shot the image). Having just one picture does not guarantee an A.
- use the same #hashtag in every tweet to identify and organize the tweets.
- embed the tweets in chronological order on your blog. Set up the tweets with a couple of paragraphs of context.
Possible events to cover could be: a concert; sports game (professional or amateur); a school event; a speaker; public meeting, etc.
Example of A tweets.
Email me your blog post with the embedded tweets before the start of the class after Spring Break.