About Page Feedback:
- Make sure you are sending a working URL
- OPEN link in a new tab/window
- When in doubt, break up that paragraph.
- Picture up high in the post. Should be the first thing you see.
- Grammar — i’m a senior who
“Long paragraphs are a visual predictor that a story won’t work. You must cut the meat into little pieces.” — Jon Ziomek, professor at the Medill School of Journalism
Follow the 1-2-3 Rule
Your paragraph should contain: 1 main thought, expressed in 2 to 3 short sentences.
SEO: Headline, Keywords, Avoiding Stacking, Hyperlinks
EDIT IN LAYERS
- What is your dream job or type of career?
- How will you get there?
- What have you done, or what you are doing, to achieve this?
– should be around 500 words
– must include at least one picture (must be high in the post and not copyright protected)
– must include at least one relevant hyperlink (open in a new window/tab)
– must follow the aesthetic structure we have talked about (short paragraphs — generally 1-3 sentences, no dead space, text wrap, visual is high in the post, chunking and subheads, etc.)
– should be written concisely
– must be put in a category
– must not have any grammatical or spelling mistakes
Assignment 1: Blog Post
Have an opinion about something and back it up with research.
Your post must:
- be between 500-750 words
- include at least one picture (must be high in the post and not copyright protected)
- include at least one relevant hyperlink (open in a new window/tab)
- not have any grammar or spelling mistakes
- follow the aesthetic structure we’ve talked about (short paragraphs—generally 1-3 sentences, no dead space, text wrap, visual is high in the post, etc.)
- demonstrate good SEO practices
- be put in a category
Post the link to Blackboard before the start of next class.