Create an advertisement for CCSU.
– use the dimensions 850w X 315h
– have a background color
– use the Blue Devil head and another picture. The Blue Devil head must have the white background removed (isolate the actual image)
– have text that has a drop shadow and appears over a shape
– be exported as a png
About Page Feedback:
- OPEN link in a new tab/window
- Picture up high in the post. Should be the first thing you see.
- Read through in preview mode
“Long paragraphs are a visual predictor that a story won’t work. You must cut the meat into little pieces.” — Jon Ziomek, professor at the Medill School of Journalism
Follow the 1-2-3 Rule
Your paragraph should contain: 1 main thought, expressed in 2 to 3 short sentences.
SEO: Headline, Keywords, Avoid Stacking Words, Hyperlinks (anchor text and quality of source)
EDIT IN LAYERS
Royalty Free Resources:
Creative Commons Search
- What is your dream job or type of career?
- How will you get there?
- What have you done, or what you are doing, to achieve this?
– should be around 500 words
– must include at least one picture (must be at the top of your post and not copyright protected)
– must include at least one relevant hyperlink (open in a new window/tab)
– must follow the aesthetic structure we have talked about (short paragraphs — generally 1-3 sentences, no dead space, text wrap, visual is high in the post, chunking and subheads, etc.)
– should be written concisely
– must be put in a category
– must not have any grammatical or spelling mistakes
Assignment 1: Blog Post
Have an opinion about something and back it up with research.
Your post must:
- be between 500-750 words
- include at least one picture (must be at the top of your post and not copyright protected)
- include at least one relevant hyperlink (open in a new window/tab)
- not have any grammar or spelling mistakes
- follow the aesthetic structure we’ve talked about (short paragraphs—generally 1-3 sentences, no dead space, text wrap, visual is high in the post, etc.)
- demonstrate good SEO practices
- be put in a category
Post the link to Blackboard before the start of next class.
Edit your blog’s About page so that it has your bio.
- include at least one hyperlink (which opens in an new window/tab) and one picture (it doesn’t have to be a picture of you, but it should be relevant to your bio). Place the/a picture high in the post.
- not just be a block of text. People won’t read through it (see example). Make sure you’re breaking up your text into paragraphs.
- have short paragraphs. Paragraphs on the web are short. Keep them one to three sentences. Especially the first paragraph (the lead).
- have words text wrapped around the picture. This prevents “dead space” on the page. An alternative is to have the picture fill most of the page.
- use proper grammar and have no spelling errors.
Submit your About page’s URL on Blackboard in Assignments.