Hearst Digital Media is seeking a creative video ninja to join the small-but-genius digital team running GoodHousekeeping.com and HouseBeautiful.com to pitch and shoot/produce fun, engaging and highly shareable videos, photos and multimedia experiences for the daily sites and its 9 million-plus social audiences. Reporting to the Site Director, this Senior Producer will work with the entire digital editorial team, freelance video producers other centralized groups to develop new visual franchises, highly shareable short-form videos, and Facebook Live streams every day for both brands.
• Pitch and produce original short-form videos, GIFs, photos and other original multimedia content daily for both site and social media extensions, either shooting and editing yourself or working with the design and other preditors
• Develop new franchises and visual editorial executions to up the ante on fresh, original and fun(!) video and photo content across both sites and their social channels
• Work solo and/or partner with internal teams, including print and digital editors, andGH Institute experts to create 5+ engaging and social-first videos a week, including beauty tips, home advice/how-to’s, fun food ideas and playful timely/newsy content
• Be main point of contact to pitch/request and edit/approve videos created by HDM’s central video teams (both sponsored videos and syndication pieces) for on site and social platforms
• Partner with the social media editors to help create new highly shareable, social-first content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Snapchat as well as any other emerging visual social platforms
• Help program key multimedia-focused offsite platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat
• Manage photo/video/design budget, with direction from site director, to maximize resources for creating new content and driving additional engagement (views, time spent, shares/likes)
• Help produce and attend relevant editorial photo and video shoots to capture additional content for multiple platforms
• Work with the sponsored content studio to ideate and execute sponsored video and other visually-oriented content to ensure content is interesting/engaging and accurate
• Identify and pursue partnerships with new talent, bloggers, print teams, sister sites and other brands to create additional video, photo and other multimedia content with the goal to increase audience reach and expand social followings
• Monitor and test out / produce new content for other emerging opportunities, including things like Periscope, Facebook Live etc.
• Attend brand-relevant events to document and capture engaging and timely content for all social platforms
• Serve as an on-air talent/spokesperson and producer for digital-first television, online video or other promotional segments for the site
• Minimum 5 years editorial experience, preferably in digital
• Creative thinker and innovator with a keen eye for engaging and playful visual storytelling
• Obsessive knowledge of what’s happening in the digital video and multimedia space and keen understanding of the competition
• Experience producing, styling and editing video and still images on mobile-based editing apps, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and/or other similar programs
• Experience shooting video and still photography with a DLSR
• Experience producing and managing a photo and/or video shoot solo and with a professional crew
• Eye for what is visually engaging, technically accurate and on-brand in the multimedia content space, especially for social- and mobile-friendly content.
Posted: 8/30/2016 | Expires: 9/29/2016
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Digital Promotion Producer
The primary responsibility of the Digital Promotions Producer will be to engage with our local audience on all platforms to push viewers back to broadcast. T he DPP will work closely with the Creative Services Director to make sure the entire Creative Services staff is focused on our digital brand. The Digital Promotions Producer will also handle topicals, PSA’s, promos and a wide variety of marketing initiatives on all platforms – social, mobile, web and TV. This individual must have a strong grasp of both content, marketing and current up and coming social media platforms. The role requires writing, daily editing, participation in grass roots and community events as well as collaboration with sales, digital and news teams. Must be proficient in non-linear editing, with experience in Avid and Aftereffects preferred. Photography prowess is a plus. Should have experience in a fast-paced, daily-deadline marketing environment, with news promotion experience strongly preferred. Ability to work a flexible work schedule in support of a 24x7x365 Broadcast operation.
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Write, produce, edit, post and engage with our local audience on social media
Produces, writes, and edits topical promos and psa’s for television
Participates in station marketing efforts, including special events and grass roots marketing
Other special projects as assigned by management
College degree in broadcast journalism or related field
Minimum one year experience in broadcast promotion environment, with experience in daily news operation strongly preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong writing skills.
Strong grasp of current and upcoming social media platforms.
Experience with marketing on all major social media platforms.
Strong non-linear editing skills.
Knowledge of content management systems like Worldnow, Avid and Inews are preferred.
Understanding of broadcast operations, including production techniques and log traffic.
Extremely strong organizational skills.
Strong interpersonal collaboration and communication skills.
Similar to past years, we’re actively looking for a few summer interns to provide general support across our Client Service verticals this summer; June – August. Typically, we target students in their Junior or Senior year of college, who are pursuing degrees in Marketing, Psychology, Business, Mathematics or a field of study that relates to the research space. We’d like to secure 1 intern in our Scottsdale office and 2 interns in Farmington.
If you know anyone who’s looking for a paid summer internship, please forward their resume along and we’ll include them in the candidate pool!
WGBH’s Studio Six team is looking for a strong social producer and journalist to lead the strategy, planning and execution of the social conversation around a new current events show to be broadcast nationally on PBS. This producer would represent the audience voice on social throughout editorial process to inform the digital and broadcast product, and produce content to catalyze and celebrate debate before, during and after the TV broadcast.
Major goals of role:
•Produce and distribute all social assets for the production’s social platforms
•Create a community for passionate debate on social media around each topic
•Use social media to inform the editorial voice, agenda and content of the broadcast
•Extend the editorial voice of the broadcast into the social media space, and use broadcast talent (host, panelists) to lead these conversations
•Use social media to tell the narrative of changing opinion or points of view as topics unfold