Which blogs do you visit?
How often and why?
What is it about those blogs that you like (content, style, voice, etc.)?
EDIT IN LAYERS
What is your dream job or type of career?
How will you get there?
What have you done, or what you are doing, to achieve this?
Assignment 2: Blog Post
Have an opinion about something and back it up with research.
Your post must:
- be between 500-750 words
- include at least one picture (must be high in the post and not copyright protected)
- include at least one relevant hyperlink (open in a new window/tab)
- not have any grammar or spelling mistakes
- follow the aesthetic structure we’ve talked about (short paragraphs—generally 1-3 sentences, no dead space, text wrap, visual is high in the post, etc.)
- demonstrate good SEO practices
- be put in a category
Email me the link to your blog post before the start of next class.
Assignment 1: About Page
Edit your blog’s About page so that it has your bio.
- include at least one hyperlink (which opens in an new window/tab) and one picture (it doesn’t have to be a picture of you, but it should be relevant to your bio). Place the/a picture high in the post.
- be at least 350 words.
- not just be a block of text. People won’t read through it (see example). Make sure you’re breaking up your text into paragraphs.
- have short paragraphs. Paragraphs on the web are short. Keep them one to three sentences. Especially the first paragraph (the lead).
- have words text wrapped around the picture. This prevents “dead space” on the page.
- use proper grammar and have no spelling errors.
Email me at my CCSU account before the start of next class.
WHY use video?
Assignment 9: Interview or Snap Ad
You will create a 30- to 60-second interview.
Interview and interesting person and edit the interview into a concise package.
- have at least one cut using a Cross Dissolve transition.
- have a lower-third title appear telling the viewer who the person is.
- have the words the person is saying appear on screen
- be cleanly edited.
- be uploaded to YouTube and embedded in a post on your blog.
These are 10-second videos that appear between Snapchat Stories. Expandable Snap Ads allow users to swipe up to see a longer video, install an app, or visit an organization’s website.
You will create a 10-second Snap Ad targeting potential high school students. The video will be advertising for them to apply to CCSU.
- have text in the video.
- have a clear story (message). It cannot just be random shots of campus.
- be cleanly edited.
- include a 350- to 500-word explanation on what will happen if the viewer swipes up after your ad. Where will it take you (describe with detail), and why did you decide on that? Explain why your video makes sense for the action your swipe leads you to.
- be uploaded to YouTube and embedded in a post on your blog. Put your written part under the video in your blog post.
Due Wednesday, Dec. 14
Create a multimedia story and post it to your site (one post). Write a 650- to 800-word story that profiles a person, organization/business, event, or a combination.
- be written in the third person and using AP style.
- include at least two hyperlinks that open in new tabs
- have at least one original photo shot by you.
- have at least two digital media components. Examples: infographic, video interview, audio story, slide show
- be aesthetically pleasing (no excess white space, text wrap around pictures, media component placement is strategic, etc.).
- not have obvious errors (spelling, grammar, basic AP, mistakes pointed out from previous assignments).
Assignments will be graded stricter. It must be better than before.
You must email me before the start of class on Wednesday, Dec. 14. You must attend class that day to receive full credit for your final.