|Publication or Company
||The Web Editor plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of NBC Connecticut’s online news strategy, working with other local web staff to ensure the offering is consistently up-to-the-minute, differentiated, impactful and relevant to a new generation of local users. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment and flair, and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 newsgathering operation. Essential Responsibilities
- Gather, edit, package and publish local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic – on the NBCConnecticut.com website, our mobile apps and social media platforms.
- Write text articles, publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial “voice”
- Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness
- Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources, feeds and content types
- Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
- Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices
- Participate in efforts to hit daily benchmarks for the volume and frequency of local content publication
- Use social media tools to monitor and report news, find sources and leads for stories.
- Monitor mainstream and social media for story ideas and competitive intelligence.
- Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage your local audience across multiple platforms
- Ensure that NBC Connecticut’s social media accounts are engaging and timely sources of breaking news, and, where appropriate, source individual journalists from the station.
- Write for NBC Connecticut where appropriate
- Work closely with Marketing, Promotions, & Community on various promotions and initiatives
- Coordinate with promotions, marketing, and on-air to leverage promotional assets driving audience to social channels
- Live-blogging of events and breaking news
- Update, monitor, and respond as the voice of NBC Connecticut Social channelsBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree
- At least 2 years’ experience working in print, online or television news in a medium to large sized market
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the http://www.nbcunicareers.com site
- Must be willing to work in West Hartford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have ability to work any of a 24×7 shiftDesired
- Bachelors’ degree in communication, journalism or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working in print, online or television news in a medium to large sized market.
- Proficient in Social Media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Storify, Tumbler, etc.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Experience with INews, Clickability, Social Flow, Stratus and Vibrint systems a plus
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news; combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
- Experience working with social media, marketing products using social networking sites or creating content that lives on such sites
- Experience of working in content management systems required
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content
- Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring a smooth running web site that is 100% accurate without typos or errors
|About Our Company
||NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.